Restasis Multidose (Cyclosporine)
Cyclosporine is also spelled ciclosporin and cyclosporin
Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant. Cyclosporine ophthalmic (for use in the eye) can increase tear production that has been reduced by inflammation in the eye(s).
Cyclosporine ophthalmic is used to treat chronic dry eye that may be caused by inflammation.
Cyclosporine ophthalmic may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- 0.05% (Restasis; single-use or multidose vials)
- 0.1% (Ikervis)
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets.
The usual dose of this medicine is 1 drop in each eye twice daily. Use the medicine about every 12 hours.
Wash your hands before using the eye drops.
To apply the eye drops:
- Turn the bottle upside down a few times to gently mix the medicine. The eye drops should appear white in color.
- Tilt your head back slightly and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket. Hold the dropper above the eye with the tip down. Look up and away from the dropper and squeeze out a drop.
- Close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes with your head tipped down, without blinking or squinting. Gently press your finger to the inside corner of the eye for about 1 minute, to keep the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before using artificial tears, or any other eye drops your doctor has prescribed.
Do not touch the tip of the eye dropper or place it directly on your eye. A contaminated dropper can infect your eye, which could lead to serious vision problems.
Do not use the eye drops if the liquid has changed colour or has particles in it. Call your pharmacist for new medicine.
Each single-use bottle of this medicine is for one use only (in one or both eyes). Throw away the bottle after one use, even if there is still some medicine left in it.
Store at room temperature; away from moisture, heat, and light. Do not freeze. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
You should not use this medicine if you
- are allergic to cyclosporine or any of the ingredients of Restasis or Ikervis.
- have an eye infection.
Cyclosporine ophthalmic is not approved for use by anyone younger than 16 years old.
Cyclosporine should not be administered while wearing contact lenses. Patients with decreased tear production typically should not wear contact lenses. If contact lenses are worn, they should be removed prior to the administration of the emulsion. Lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes following administration of cyclosporine ophthalmic emulsion.
You should avoid touching the tip of the bottle to the eye or any surface. This may cause contamination, and touching the eye may cause injury.
Cyclosporine may cause your vision to blur right after you put the drops in. Before you drive or operate machinery.
It is important to tell your healthcare provider your complete medical history before taking any medication.
Tell to you doctor if:
- You have or have had herpes keratitis;
- You have been told that you have a condition where you are not producing enough tears called end stage lacrimal gland disease;
- Your dry eyes are the result of Vitamin A deficiency or scarring;
- You are breastfeeding; or
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
It is not likely that other drugs you take orally or by injection will have an effect on cyclosporine used in the eyes. But many drugs can interact with each other. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all medicines you use, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
An overdose of cyclosporine ophthalmic is not expected to be dangerous. Seek emergency medical attention if anyone has accidentally swallowed the medication.
If you have any questions about buying discount albuterol (salbutamol) or any other prescription products online, you can contact us.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to drug: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using cyclosporine ophthalmic and call your doctor at once if you have:
- eye pain; or
- eye swelling, redness, severe discomfort, crusting or drainage (may be signs of infection).
Common side effects may include:
- mild burning or stinging in the eyes;
- mild redness or itching;
- blurred vision; or
- feeling like something is in your eye.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Notice: The above information is an educational aid only. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Could not find your medication? Call us!
Our average regular delivery time for Restasis Multidose (Cyclosporine) is 10 days from our Canadian online pharmacy. Delivery times for Restasis Multidose (Cyclosporine) do vary depending on the location of the dispensary. The reason deliveries take time is primarily due to customs procedures that need to be completed prior to allowing our packages to enter the United States. Expedited and tracked delivery services are available from our Canadian online dispensary. Please speak to one of our online pharmacy service representatives if you have any questions about delivery times for your order.
Customer Questions & Answers
If you have questions about this product, fill the form bellow and one of our patient representatives will be happy to answer your questions
The news stories about Americans having to choose between paying bills or filling expensive prescriptions continue to grow. The monthly expense for some people is unbearable, even if they have health insurance to help soften the blow. We have seen stories of Americans traveling to Canada to visit Canadian pharmacy services to fill their prescriptions at a more affordable price.
You don’t have to walk far and you don’t have to walk fast, but you really should walk. According to a study at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, you can get the same health benefits walking as you can by running. The calories burned by both walking and running were equally effective when it came to the health benefits to the cardiovascular system.