WAKIX is a prescription medicine used to treat excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) or sudden onset of weak or paralyzed muscles (cataplexy) in adults with narcolepsy. It is a first-of-its-kind medication that increases histamine levels in the brain. The first and only once-daily tablet that is FDA approved to treat EDS or cataplexy in adults with narcolepsy, that is not a controlled substance.
Information you need to know about WAKIX:
- WAKIX is distributed by Harmony Biosciences in the USA and Paladin Labs in Canada.
- Wakix is distributed as 5mg and 20mg pitolisant hydrochloride tablets in Canada.
- In the USA Wakix tablets contain 4.45mg and 17.8mg of pitolisant.
- It is not uncommon for strengths to be listed differently such as 4.45mg of pitolisant and 5mg of pitolisant hydrochloride.
- Wakix has several potential drug interactions including interacting with other antihistamine medications and agents that can cause QT prolongation. QT prolongation leads to an increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia. Always discuss new medications with your pharmacist.
Notice: The above information is an educational aid only. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Could not find your medication? Call us!
Your order for Wakix (pitolisant) will be shipped in discreet packaging so whether the item is shipped to your home or work no one will know the contents of the shipment until opened.
Our average regular delivery time for Wakix (pitolisant) is 10 days from our Canadian online pharmacy. Delivery times for Wakix (pitolisant) depending on the location of the dispensary. The reason deliveries take time is primarily due to customs procedures that need to be completed prior to allowing our packages to enter the United States. Expedited and tracked delivery services are available from our Canadian online dispensary. Please speak to one of our online pharmacy service representatives if you have any questions about delivery times for your order.
The news stories about Americans having to choose between paying bills or filling expensive prescriptions continue to grow. The monthly expense for some people is unbearable, even if they have health insurance to help soften the blow. We have seen stories of Americans traveling to Canada to visit Canadian pharmacy services to fill their prescriptions at a more affordable price.
This affordable generic prescription medication is a popular treatment available for post-acute coronary syndrome management, and now American patients can order it as well as the brand name medication directly from a Canadian International Pharmacy Association or CIPA certified pharmacy.